Friday, July 10, 2015

World War 2 Discussion Podcast

Hello everyone out there!  I thought I'd try my hand at another audio podcast type thingy.  One of my interests is history, in particular, World War 2 history about which I've read quite a number of books over the years.  I'm definitely an "armchair historian" of the period, or, to use a purloined Japanese term, I'm a WW2 Otaku!

The way I did it is I found some study questions about World War 2 online to guide my discussion and picked three of them to talk about today:

*  What did Hitler achieve in his first two years in office?
*  What is the definition of fascism?  Why do you think Hitler was able to amass so much power so quickly?
*  What was the role of technology during World War II?  Did it fundamentally affect the outcome of the war?

The podcast starts off a little slow in the first couple of minutes as I warm up.  I don't do a lot of talking to myself, at least, not into a microphone but I get better as it goes on!  Its just over 28 minutes long.  The podcast is stored on Chirbits and you can listen to it at the link below:

World War 2 Discussion Podcast

Hope you find it interesting.  I'd like to do more discussions like this since I recently got a fancy new microphone.  Thanks for listening if you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!